Selling your items
If you would like your collection to be considered for sale through our Commission Sale scheme, please contact us with a brief description of what you wish to sell. Collections or single items are welcome! In general, we are interested in scale models and toys in good condition and at least 30 years old. The notes below will guide you. We usually respond within 1 working day, and will email instructions for sending photos. We will assess the photos when received, and, if your items are what we're looking for, we will make you an offer.
Commission Sale scheme (UK only) We will estimate the value of your items, and offer to sell them on your behalf in return for a commission. This is usually 20%, but higher rates may apply to lower value items. If you are happy with the valuation, send or bring the items to us and we will do the rest! Each time a sale is made, we will pay you the selling price less commission; the amount you receive will typically be at least 20-25% greater than if you sold to a dealer, because you are selling direct to the public. Full terms and conditions will be sent to you with our offer, but the main points are:
- Prices will be suggested based on condition and current market values, and emailed to you for approval (and amendment if you wish!) before items are put on sale.
- Your items will be listed on the Tortoys website until they are sold, there's no time limit. However, items that haven't been sold or reserved within 6 months of being listed may be returned to you at your request.
- Payments to you are made by direct transfer to your bank account, usually within one working day of items being sold.
- From time to time we will email you a statement showing unsold items, so you can amend prices if you wish.
- Your items will be kept in a secure, dry, temperature-controlled and insured storage facility while in our care.