Please contact us
with a brief description of what you wish to sell. Collections or single items are welcome! In general, we are interested in scale models and toys in good condition and at least 30 years old. The notes below will guide you. We usually respond within 1 working day, and will email instructions for sending photos. We will assess the photos when received, and, where appropriate, get back to you with an offer based on one or both of these options:
1. Outright Purchase
Ideal if you wish to sell your items quickly. We will quote you a price, and if you decide to accept, simply send or bring your items to us and we will pay you as soon as they arrive. The downside is that we can't purchase everything we are offered each month - we don't have an unlimited budget!
2. Commission Sale (UK and EU only)
This is the choice if you want to get the best price, and don't mind if it takes a little longer. We will estimate the value of your items, and offer to sell them on your behalf in return for a 20% commission. If you are happy with the valuation, send or bring the items to us and we will do the rest! Each time a sale is made, we will pay you 80% of the selling price; the amount you receive will typically be at least 20-25% greater than outright purchase, because you are selling direct to the public. Full terms and conditions will be sent to you with our offer, but the main points are:
- Prices will be set based on condition and current market values, and emailed to you for approval before items are put on sale.
- Your items will be listed on the Tortoys website until they are sold, there's no time limit. However, items that haven't been sold or reserved within 6 months of being listed may be returned to you at your request.
- Payments to you are made by direct transfer to your bank account (UK only) or PayPal account, usually within one working day of items being sold.
- From time to time we will email you a statement showing unsold items, so you can amend prices if you wish.
- Your items will be kept in a secure, dry, temperature-controlled and insured storage facility while in our care.